Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Who is James Brolin's real son

I am not the biggest movie goer in the world, the last movie I saw at the movie theater was "Good Will Hunting" back 1998.  I don't understand the whole movie idea - I like movies but the idea to drop $10 bucks to sit in an uncomfortable seat, $6 on a giant soda, $8 on popcorn, $8 peanut M&M's and stuck with strangers all around me.  ou can't tell me sitting on the couch, laying in bed, eating a pizza or watching with some friends isn't far superior.  Some guys need the movie theater as a crutch to ask girls out and I respect that but personally I've never used the movie as the catalyst for love.  I've always been "get her drunk and make her laugh" type - I know this sounds shallow but trust me but I do this in the most respectable way possible (I don't take advantage of the young lady but I can't help it if she takes advantage of me - and it makes me so feel so cheap but I can live with it).  Anyway, I would think bring a girl back to your place to watch a DVD would be "more romantic"(I freaking HATE THAT PHRASE).  OK, back to the movies.

For years I've been hearing about Josh Brolin, being James Brolin's son.  Josh Brolin, James Brolin's son,  marries Diane Lane.  Josh Brolin, James Brolin's son,  is in such and such movie.  So for years I had this image of Josh Brolin, knowing who his father is - I see an actor and I'm like "oh, there's Josh Brolin".  Well, do you know what I found out?  For the last 15 years, Christian Bale hasn't been Josh Brolin's son!  Who knew!  I literally thought Christian Bale was James Brolin's son up until 2006.

Now that's not to say Josh Brolin doesn't look like his Dad because in fact he does - it's just that Christian Bale looks more like Josh's Dad.  This is the biggest mistake I've made since I thought Curtis Joseph and Cujo were different goalies (and I still get some ribbing on that - because people think I know a lot about sports, I'm supposed to know ALL).  I would like to thank my friend Tim Shea for keeping this little joke between us for this long (then again, how many people outside a hockey fan are going to know who Cujo is).

I guess the big question is to Christian Bale is "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?"

OK, this wasn't the most exciting post but I doubt anyone is going to read this anyway.  Capicorn One is on cable right now and a young James Brolin was playing an astronaut.  LOL - he and Christian Bale literally looked idenical at the same age.  I want a DNA check on this because it's bizarre and it's bad enough the slobs like myself have to compete with good looking clones - it's just unfair.  I think a scientific study needs to be done on this.  The only redeeming thing is James Brolin is married to that mess Barbara Striesand (I guess James married for money) - I mean the fact God blessed him with looks that all women, no matter what age, find him very attractive, he settled for a hack.   James Brolin's love for hags, allows a hottie out there for a slob.

Speaking of Barbara Streisand and her looks, I could never understand anyone who would say she was attractive.  No kidding, she was some sort "gigantic star" in her prime and I'm talk "STAR", not famous the way Bozo the Clown is famous, but she was famous in the "Angelina Jolie" hot way in that 1970's - insane.  I always laugh at women who get all dreamy eyed when they talk about "The Way We Were".  "The Way We Were" was a love story that starred Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford.  I don't know all the details but I do know that Robert Redford was "after" Barbara Streisand" (even typing this I'm shaking my head in utter disbelieve) and I guess they fall in love or something, it's like a "10" on the chickflick scale.   I just looked at this group of women watching the movie and said "stop watching this crap - do you think a dude looking like Robert Redford (remember, a very young Redford) would be infatuated with Barbara Streisand?"  You know what - these women actually couldn't grasp this reality.  They really thought that great looking dudes love bad looking chicks, when I explained to them that this movie is a farce - it's like I told them Santa Claus wasn't real.

Back to the Brolin family.  I do have to question the women they marry.  I've already spoken about Barbara Streisand - I mean she's a debacle.  She has an amazing voice (hey, I don't listen to her singing but I've heard it and it's good - she ain't no Karen Carpenter but she's good) but she's got a face for radio and she just seems like a whiney ass.  Here's a good question about Barbara's Striesand's career - many people have said FDR would of never been elected President if the media of 1940 was like today?  With FDR being in a wheelchair the majority of time and all his illnesses would of been public record.  Would Barbara Streisand be famous being so unattractive today?  Lets face it, Mariah Carey is famous because she has talent but her looks really helped her career - she dated Derek Jeter for crying out loud (I will be blogging about Jeter's ladies one day - it's a facinating subject, even for a Met fan).  The reality is, there aren't many unattractive women pop singers?  I actually can't think of one - Lady Gaga is sort of ugly but no one really knows because no one really knows what she looks like but she's shows a lot of skin and I'm will to overlook perfect looks for a sneak peek of the goodies (does that make me dirty - if so, then I am what I am, as Popeye would say).

Now Josh Brolin is a decent looking dude from what women tell me, as a dude I guess he's pretty good looking.  Josh Brolin is my age, 42 and he is married to Diane Lane.  Don't get me wrong, Diane Lane is a nice piece of ass but she is 4 years older then he is.  Let me clear this up, if I went out and married Diane Lane, I would be a superstar.  People would hi-five me and be like "how the hell did Dalo get that piece of ass", I acknowledge this and I also wouldn't mind this happening.  A Hollywood Actor shouldn't be marrying a woman 4 years older the he is - lets get that clear.  He married Diane Lane back in 2004 - so Diane Lane was 39/40 years old - he should of been scoping the High School's, not marrying 40 year old woman.  I won't come down on Josh Brolin to much because if you've ever seen "Unfaithful", you know Josh is getting some serious action - well at least a hell a lot more action then yours truely.

Well there you go - my second Blog - not sports related but Capicorn One was on and I still can't believe that Christian Bale and James Brolin aren't related.

6 comments:

  1. I think Bale is the son of Brolin, laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I went to make the same exact "lookslike" meme and came across yours. Uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! It's interesting, because now, as an older gentleman, he looks like Josh. But I was just watching Aminityville Horror, & from far away, I thought 'oh, he looks like his son'. But then you get up close & I was like omg, he looks like Christian Bale! More so than his own son! So I immediately went online to see if anyone else has thought this, & sure enough, I see tons of photos of James Brolin & Christian Bale next to each other. As he gets a bit older, he just looks more & more like Josh, but young he looks so much like Christian Bale it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just spotted James Brolin in Von Ryan's Express and thought that must be Bale's daddy. Oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree he has to b James Brolin's son. And u know that dude got some action in Hollywood back in the day, even if he was married...twice. Cuz he fine as hell, better looking than Christian Bale (more bulk) & josh, too, & that's sayin ALOT! And, from a woman's pov ur just typical male to me...no surprise to ur comments at all. Some women need a reality check as to how men REALLY think, not that they'd ever accept it! Men r generally more visual when it comes to sexuality, we r just different. No man could ever truly appreciate or understand me anyways, that's my job cuz I'm the only one with the experience to do so.

    ReplyDelete